Sunday, November 24, 2013

I LOVE cats.... 

Always have, but there was a time when I let the negativity of those around me - (ahem!) - stifle my desire to own another until......

Our daughter called, saying, "Mom....guess what I've got in  my car?  A box of abandoned kittens!"

Eyes barely open, they were dirty, starving. 

They needed full-time care - bottle feeding constantly - and the smallest, little Sophie, came very close to dying due to being so under-nourished. 

(*She's now so healthy and strong that she's trying to sit on my HEAD as I type tonight! ha!)

Our little grey dog became their mom, and eventually all thrived!    
 
Consider giving a cat a good home!  Ours repay me DAILY with more love than I could have imagined the day that box came through our front door! 

I loved these photos below of an island where cats are welcomed and roam free! (*Bet there's not a mouse problem there! Ours keep our home fairly "bug" free, too! ha!)

Beautiful colors - enjoy this "visual" vacation HERE.
Be sure to click the arrow to see the entire slideshow!

(* or at http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/11/22/cat-heaven-island-draws-tourists-and-more-cats/)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment