Sunday, March 30, 2014


I like weekends to be slow and unscheduled so I can catch up on anything my heart has longed for all week - sleep, reading, baking.
Yesterday was like that and it lulled me into a much needed mental "rest" but...as always…..riding home from church, my calm was shattered when I realized our son has a "required" make-up baseball practice!
Yikes! I was so immersed in the show “Seven Signs of the Apocalypse” on the History Channel yesterday (*scary stuff, folks!) that I didn’t think ahead for dinner AT ALL. 
I started plundering in the freezer, thinking, “What on earth can I throw together that fast?”.  
  • Boneless, skinless chicken breasts – check!
  • Balsamic vinaigrette –check!
Put them together and you’ve got “AWESOME CHICKEN, MOM!”, as our son said!
The "How to" is super easy!  I took a skillet – mine was a cast iron flat griddle. Added the chicken breast, covered it with vinaigrette, and let it cook, flipping it occasionally until they were thawed enough to cut into slices.
Once sliced, I simply allowed the vinaigrette to “cook down” into a thick sauce.
Who says you have to be a good cook to create something "awesome"! These slices would be great over a spring mix salad or piled high in a sandwich! 



 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment