Monday, February 4, 2013

DISCLOSURE POLICY

I’m Cindy.
This blog is simply me.

I think somewhere I read that it's imperative to "disclose" things like whether a product was given to us free for review or whether we make a living off the blog, etc.

Our family owns a small business (www.grainlady.com) where we sell "favorites". 

If we find a "favorite" product, we might write about it.

If they offer an affiliate program, we might join and add their link to our page. 

If a favorite business sends products for review, we just might. 

Let’s get real – it takes  money to survive in this world. 

The time spent blogging is time away from other means of earning a living.
If I can find a way to “marry” the two, I simply must so sometimes we may get paid a bit of income from it ......hopefully.

I’m writing this disclosure on Day 1 of this blog so I don’t really have a full grasp on what it will become. 

But... if we ever get paid for ads, sponsors, paid insertions, or other forms of compensation, no one will be controlling the content except me and I will do my best to be as honest and upfront as I possibly can..….

While I might take suggestions to heart, it’s still my little world here, ok? 
And I'm a bit of a control freak.  
 
In other words, it’s going to be the truth as I know it, simply sharing the good things that come across my desk. 

Also, let me make it clear that I'm not a doctor, nurse, nutritionist, etc. so –
absolutely nothing  - is intended to diagnose, prescribe or treat. 

Please, please, please see your health care practitioner for that. 

Use all information on this blog at your own risk.  We can't be responsible for anything, including culinary flops. 

Any claims on products must be verified with the manufacturer for they are constantly changing stuff like that.  I simply cannot stay on top of it all AND find time to write, create recipes, etc.  so we simply can't be held liable for all the things in this world we cannot control. 

Thanks for understanding our need to protect ourselves. 
It’s a shame we have to, but our world has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment